The Outsiders Virtual Tulsa Tour
This blog is used to follow my journey through the Educational Technology and Library Media graduate program at Oklahoma State University. Since I teach middle school English language arts, many things will focus on using technology in the middle grades or secondary level.
Saturday, April 21, 2018
EDTC5113 Module 10: Geospatial Annotation
This week we had a choice to create a transmedia book or a geospatial annotation and visualization. I chose to create a geospatial annotation and visualization for the novel The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I chose this assignment because we took our students on a tour of Tulsa last year to see the locations that were used in the movie The Outsiders after we read the novel. This year we didn't have enough money to take the field trip, so I decided to create this as an alternative to the live tour. I would like to eventually add videos of author interviews and interviews done with Danny O'Connor The Outsiders' house renovator/owner. It would be great to include other pictures and links to other websites as well. However, I did include a few links. I think my students will enjoy looking at the places on the map. Hopefully, it will spark an interest to take their parents to the locations.
The Outsiders Virtual Tulsa Tour
The Outsiders Virtual Tulsa Tour
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment