This blog is used to follow my journey through the Educational Technology and Library Media graduate program at Oklahoma State University. Since I teach middle school English language arts, many things will focus on using technology in the middle grades or secondary level.
Friday, March 16, 2018
EDTC5113: Micro-Lecture
This week our assignment was to create a Micro-Lecture. This is a way to give students a lesson in a bite-sized chunk. I wasn't sure how this would work for middle school English because it seems like there is too much information to reduce it to a one to three-minute video. However, I changed my mind and believe it is a great way to scaffold concepts. My eighth-grade English classes just finished writing an essay this week, so I decided to create a micro-lecture on writing a thesis statement. I try to always think about what I could do better or differently next time to improve assignments, lessons or to reach the students who struggle more than others. I wish I had known about this method before starting the essays. Using micro-lectures would improve the delivery of many concepts in writing and literature so that students can understand it easily. I plan to create more videos to use in future lessons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment